Home remedies for damaged hair Hair have several varieties of reasons. Some of the most common causes of dry damaged hair include:
- Excessive washing with harsh chemical substances or soaps,
- Direct exposure to dry and hot climate,
- Daily use of heating tools like blow dryers or hair strengtheners,
- Effect of harmful ultraviolet (UV) sunrays,
- Excessive use of chemical treatments,
- Anxiety, etc.
Today we will be discussing here so of the major home remedies for damaged hair that should be avoided as they are not having any professional evidence for the benefit or are of no use.
Hot oil treatment is not for Everyone
Hot oil treatments are meant to be used only for the dry damaged hair.
If your hair is damaged, then do try to avoid the harsh chemicals initially and if it does not work then go towards the dry hair home remedies.
- Firstly, try to find out the root cause behind the damaging of hair maybe it would have caused due to medications or any recent hair dye processes, etc.
- Do understand that Hot oil treatment does work but are very less beneficial for all of the hair types, it cannot do magic in one night by providing any glue to prevent and stick to your hair.
- It tries best to nourish your hair but it won’t help in the proper re-growth.
Applying Egg to your hair is not always the Best idea
The Egg has several benefits as one of the best home remedies for dry hair and split ends.
It surely does magic to your hair but there are some exceptions in it as well.
- Firstly, decide whether you would be using egg whites or egg yolks on your hair because yolk of an egg is smelly which is sometimes quite unbearable for the person.
- Similarly, egg yolk get dries very quickly which thus makes it difficult to wash off.
- You have to make sure that the raw egg you are suing is free from any sort of infections as generally sometimes salmonella infection is caused by raw eggs on your scalp.
- As an alternative, you can use egg oil because it also contains the same level of micro-nutrients needed for your hair treatment for dry hair.
Do check your Honey before applying it as a hair mask
Applying Honey hair mask is an old and rejuvenating treatment which gives ultimate life to your dry damaged hairs.
But there are some tips to check it before intending to apply it because sometimes the wrong choice of honey can cause severe allergic reactions.
- In all of the home remedies for damaged hair, choose organic honey only. Don’t use the processed honey.
- Always wash with lukewarm water after applying honey to your hair.
Applying mayonnaise to your hair is a Disaster
Using packed mayonnaise as one of the dry home remedies for damaged hair is the worst idea.
- It is not natural at all and has many chemical substances involved in it which cause several allergic reactions and no benefits at the end.
- If you really want to get benefited from it then it is recommended to use the homemade mayonnaise for this.
Gelatin Hair Mask is not the ultimate home remedy treatment for your hair
If you want to give salon treatment for dry hair at home with ease then this remedy is essentially for you but it has some serious allergic reactions to the hair and scalp.
- Sometimes it causes itching and irritation on the scalp.
- Some of the experts also claim that manufacturing practices might lead to the contamination of gelatin products with diseased animal tissues which might transmit mad cow sort of disease. So, it’s better to avoid it.
Applying Apple Cider Vinegar to your hair is absolute Danger
- One danger of putting Apple Cider Vinegar on your hair is an Allergic or Sulfate reaction.
- Putting it rigorously on hairs can cause severe irritation and itching to the skin and scalp.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is a drying agent so mainly it leads to the dry damaged hair.
Don’t use lemon on your hair at all
Lemon has an acidic in nature which shows bleaching effects so don’t use it as a home remedy for damaged hair.
So, if you have dark hair, then you will notice the minimal effect. But if you have brown hair, their colors will turn ultimately lighter with continuous use.
For any question ask in the comment section 🙂